Monday, September 10, 2012

Stand Up - HDTV

So if you can believe it, growing up we never had a color TV. Never had cable either. Our first VCR had a wired remote and was, I swear to God, hooked up to a 12" black and white TV. And it's not like we couldn't afford a color TV. My parents were just cheap. Recently, I tried to get them into the 20th Century and told them they should get a flat screen HDTV. Instead, they just hired some homeless people to act out their favorite shows in their living room. And I'll tell you what - if you haven't seen homeless people act out episodes of Masterpiece Theatre then you haven't seen Shakespeare the way it was meant to be seen. It gets more complicated, though, when my dad wants to watch football. Having 22 homeless people in your house is just not a good idea.

No comments: