Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Stand Up - Doctor Visit

The other day I went to the doctor for my first physical in, like, 12 years. Yeah. I know. Really bad, right? So anyway, the nurse sends me off to the bathroom to give a "sample" and she hands me a cup along with a Sharpie and tells me to be sure to write my name on the cup. So I go into the bathroom, write my name on the cup and then proceed to fill it up. So when I finished up I put the cup on the counter so I could wash my hands and as I'm doing this I noticed on the paper towel dispenser are instructions on how to properly do what I just did.

Now let's forget the fact that I totally didn't follow the instructions in any way, shape or form. First off - I can't believe there were actually instructions on how to PEE into a CUP. "Here's a cup. Pee in it." are the only instructions I need. But even worse - the LAST step in the typed- up directions was to write your name on the cup. That's the LAST step? REALLY???? It was fucking hard enough to write my name on the cup when it was empty! I was supposed to do it after I'd filled it up?

No comments: